Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Divas!!!!

We FINALLY took the girls to get their pictures taken!!! I know, I know....FINALLY!!!! Boy was it a task all on its own. If Addy was laughing Nana was serious. If Nana was laughing, Addy was serious. Talk about hard work. But all in all the girls looked wonderful. This is my favorite one!!!!
Addy is looking at Nana like "Hey, lets get this show on the road. Stop complaining, I'm hungry for goodness sake". I LOVE MY GIRLS!!!! We are getting ready to our trip to La Republica (Dominican Republic). We got their passports in the mail already, it took only two weeks to get them. FAST!!!!!!! The girls are teething , attempting to crawl and all that fun stuff! They are eating some home cooked meals because I need to get their tummy ready by the time we go to D.R. Knowing their Aunt over there, she will feed them everything and anything(well not anything)...I'm exaggerating. All in all the girls are well.

Today I was reading a blog and this person said something along the lines of "knowing I will leave my child in a pod just broke my heart". This person was referring to an incubator in the NICU. She went on saying that it would be the most difficult thing know that after three days of delivering my child that I would be going home without my baby. This touched me and reminded me of that day. Just thinking about it brings pain to my heart. Anderson and I left three days after I gave birth and boy that was the most difficult day. I already had warning that my girls will be born prematurely (32 weeks) however when they came 4 weeks earlier than that (28weeks) I was mentally not prepared. My heart broke as I was limping out of the hospital without my girls. I went to my parents' house in tears knowing my girls will not be home with me. Not feeling them in my belly after having them in there for 7 months. Going into my home without them in my arms or in my belly. That night was the most difficult for me. My heart just ached knowing my girls were in the incubator with tubes and everything and I was home in bed lying comfortably. I know I have said one day I will go into detail about my experience at the NICU but it's honestly a memory I try to put in the back of my mind because it just hurts so much.

However, I do give thanks to GOD for being with me throughout that journey and bringing my girls home. Each and every day is a blessing for my girls. Addy and Nany, Momma loves you!!!



xoxo,

Jacci

No comments:

Post a Comment